Shikihime Garden is the upcoming English version of the original browser-based game of gardening and deck-building with RPG elements which was first developed and published by Appirits Inc. in Japan in February 2013. The game since then has gained much popularity and positive comments from Japanese community. And Appirits has recently confirmed its plan of releasing an English version for Western markets around the first quarter of 2014.
The game combines turn-based card combat at a simplified degree and simulation gameplay with typical exploration and quests of online games. In card mode, players will be able to build decks with a variety of Shikihime cards and monster cards to defeat fierce enemies to obtain valuable items as well as to extend the world map. In simulation mode, Shikihime Garden looks like a variant of gardening game which is popular on social networks like Facebook. Players can decorate their garden with various objects to make it a comfortable place for Shikihime to rest, relax and train for upcoming battles. Besides, RPG elements will be applied for every playable cards, i.e. players will need to pay attention to similar attributes like Strength, Defense, Agility, skills when enhancing their cards.
With beautiful hand-drawn Chibi arts and cards designed from Japanese folk tales and its hybrid gameplay, Shikihime Garden aims at bringing a totally new experience of RPG card-based and gardening game to Western web game market in 2014. The game is said to be free-to-play on most popular browsers today and requires no download or installation. Now interested players can go to to http://skgen.aprts-games.com/lp/ to have a look at the game’s art style.
- Lovely Shikihime staying, playing, eating and… sleeping in the garden for real
- Abundant of beautiful items to decorate the garden
- A variety of collectible charming Shikihime and hideous monster cards built with well balance for building decks
- Unique combination modes to craft more powerful and rare cards
- Extremely difficult boss battles for encouraging team cooperation
- Multi-level quests suited for all players to get valuable loots and reach new battlefields
- No booster packs! Obtain powerful cards through time, patience, and luck!
- Free-to-play, no downloaded needed!