Ovet the weekend something happened to the ceiling bye bye popcorn....and I didn't have to lift a finger how perfect.
Things have been moving forward slowly...but things are still happening.
Carpentry really can be tough on the body, lot's of lasting aches and pains after each day of working at a big project like this. I am wishing I had a hot tub right about now.
It's funny you can spend 4 straight hours at it and have completed what seems to be only a couple of small details, but there is no rushing detail jobs.
You'll see I framed in the space about the unit to close in the gap, there is no need for the gap, it's just a dust collector.
The gap above the wall unit was just about 10 ft wide so I decided to close it in with MDF,most MDF comes only 8ft long and I didn't want a seam.... I found some MDF 121" long at a local mill and had them rip it down to the size I needed and then I sanded it down to the exact height to fit the space and after three of us lifting it into place and taking it out twice and recutting it length wise and gouging the walls on either side we got this beast of a piece in place. Wall damage can be repaired thankfully.
Next step is tacking the mantel, it's going to be simply gorgeous, if I do say so myself.