I am happy to show you that after 1 week of work I now have my very favorite room in the house , it feels like I have escaped to Nantucket for a break , a get away .

I took the paneling up to 6 feet , and it is pine 1 x 3 , and pine 1 x 6 , premium wood , very few knots or roughness. The spacing is about 10-12 inches apart. The pillow is from Peir 1 Imports.



The color I used for the trim as always is Popped Corn by Behr. The wall color is Fossil Grey by Glidden.


The bench is from Stanley Furniture , the bed is from Sears Furniture Store and was "honey pine" but I liked the shape it reminded me of one you may find on Cottage Chic Store website so I bought it and painted it as soon as it was out of the box , I like how small it makes me "feel"

The tall dresser is from an unfinished furniture store that I painted many different schemes over the years, the handles are from Ikea .

The striped chair is from Kijiji $25.00 and the mirrors from Homesense.

The chandelier is from Home Depot and was pastel painted when we got it , I spray painted it grey.





The K decal is from Homesense for $9.00, the striped pom pom pillows I made years ago .

The Paisley drapes I made from discount fabric I found at Fabricland .{in last post}





The black vintage style fan is from Sears. The bedding is Shabby Chic. The side table to the left was an antique dresser we were given, and the one on the right was from Kijiji $65.00 I striped them both with a medium robin's egg blue {don't have an exact color}





I am so thrilled with the results of this makeover, I hope you like it too , and if it inspires you to make some changes in your home even better.

There was a lot of work involved in this makeover , and a lot of mess , gosh I could use a manicure , maybe I will treat myself to one , but it just shows you if one girl can do all this work in one week , with no help except for the approval of my family , than you can do it too , it is very gratifying indeed.
Now go and create great spaces.


 
Top