I wanted to show how things are coming along , there is a whole lot of work to do but things are really looking great.

 So I was allowed access into the house yesterday to meet with a flooring installer , and we totally were in the way and stopped progress for about 10 minutes. I wanted to get out of the workers way asap , but I wanted to get a jump start on a flooring quote. Guess who is not getting finished on site floors , that would be me. At $10-11.00 a foot its not going to happen, that would be about $20,000.00. I will keep looking for a great deal. I did find very nice unfinished oak at Lumber Liquidators that we may just have to install ourselves and have them finished , because at $2.49 a ft it has got to come in way way under the $10-11.00. Perhaps we will just have to go with pre finished, its not bad its just not what I was hoping for. Looks like we are going to learn a whole lot about laying floors, my hubby is going to be helping out with this mammoth project.
 We will be installing our tv above the fireplace and I will be building tall bookcases on either side of the fireplace to house the tv components and add display , some storage for the video game equipment and movies. I will be doing lots of built-ins in this house , now that I know how to do them.
 The upper hall here has a very large linen closet. I can see just how much this area will need paneling . I look forward to seeing how our upgraded railings and posts will turn out , we went with square flat cap posts instead of the standard and paint grade pickets and we will stain the hand rail.
 I can picture it all now, are you with me.





So we just need everything taped , sanded , trimmed ,painted and a little flooring and some basic light fixtures and cabinets and toilets and sinks and then we are all ready to go.
 
Top