We made our annual trip to see the Christmas lights last night, first we enjoyed a nice dinner as Swiss Chalet then stopped for a hot cocoa at Tim Horton's for the girls. These are two of my favourite houses. This first one reminds me of Martha Stewart, so simple and classic, beautiful.
 And a large log house , so charming with icicle lights and giant candy canes. Turns out this is my neighbours sisters house , small world. It's pretty magical.

 I have recently been inspired from some brilliant projects I have found on Pinterest. I decided to dive in with a little project , a painting. I have had a canvas laying around for almost 2 decades!!! just waiting to be used. Better late than never.
 The hardest part was coming up with the text. You can choose whatever you like which makes this such an appealing project. I applied the vinyl letters and then started applying polyshades classic black stain and poly. I did three coats , immediately after the third coat I used a wire brush to create a cross hatch pattern to add a little interest and dimension. I used polyshades because I wanted some nice sheen for dimension. You can use any paint or color. You could even do this right over an existing canvas with a print , you would get more of the effect of the image below. The possibilities are endless. Follow my Pinterest board named Awesome DIY , and my main board here http://pinterest.com/chriskauf/
http://southernbellesoulmountainbrideheart.blogspot.ca/2012/06/quotes-of-amazing-father-diy-quotes-on.html
Here was the pinspiring image that drew me in. Canvas , vinyl letters and paint, voila one of kind creation.

So would you make your own art? Want to share your favorite Pinterest DIY pin, leave a link in my comments I'd love to see.
Thanks for stopping by , happy Monday. 14 Days till Christmas , are you ready?
 
Top