Before and afters ...I was unhappy with the dullness my dining room was screaming, yes screaming dull, or shall we say yawn...I realized it was all a series of rectangles, the table, the paneling, the photos their formation, So time to clean the slate, today I took a very large rusty star form my stairway ....no that didn't help, so as on all my days off I took a quick trip over to Homesense to find this "zinc look" cabinet which I have been eyeing for a couple of months , I loved it but couldn't figure out where it should go so why buy it, and turns out my husband and children hate it, but when I saw it there today marked down to $20.00 from $39.99 I knew just where to try it out, also found the Love script , which I already have one of but it is red and very cursive, so this is much not the same....a few plates from around the house and a painting from the kitchen, the stager in me mixed things up a bit , and voila , it is good. I am happy, much more cheerful , less safe, and a little girly and still casual, my perfect mix.This sweet update cost a grand total of $36.99, not bad.


Don't worry I did get rid of that sticky residue..

This little gem was also from the same store, I bought it maybe a year ago , but it was scratched to bits, gouged in fact, but for $7.00 I thought since I love this artists work I would try to salvage it, Todd thought I was nuts and wasted what little money I had spent on it, but I was determined, so off to Michael's print in hand matched up the paint colours, blending, and I waxed the surface, then put on a clear coat, and no one would ever know I didn't buy it in pristine condition. And I think Todd will ever be impressed by my big restoration.
 
Top