Here are a couple of close up shots on how I installed and attached the fabric panel to the two types of romans I covered, one is an inside mount and one an outside mount, the fabric shade roman I simplw sewed carefully the panle righ to it, easy enough.

This room could prove to be difficult for a drapery, luckily I found these premade ikea drapes that were extra long, I needed 14 foot long drapes so I added 4 feet of a complimentary fabric, there was a previous fabric which I recently removed and replaced with this perfectly suited stripe.Easy easy. P.S. I do not like to sew, but I like to save money more , so I sew.


I don't like the term window treatments , its sounds fussy to me, but no window is dressed without a fabulous fabric, to frame the view. This is a seersucker , double sided relaxed roman, I put it up and down five days a week , since it is double layered it blocks out every bit of light.

Straight panel drapes are simple and easy to make. I love to add trim , notice the top has a velvet ric rac trim, the bottom has the most fabulous pom pom and bead fringe, it is so bold, perfect for a child's room.
Another relaxed roman, not ever used, just strictly for added interest, notice the delicious velvet pleated ribbon edging I added. I love great trim.



My premade faux silk bedroom brown and blue striped drapes.
A simple ikea roman that I face with a beautiful striped seer sucker, and added a pleated tailored ruffle.

My patio doors, which I will some day replace with one central door and two generous side windows, these are soft robins egg blue velvet drapes I love these and Sophie my youngest encouraged me to buy them. Good girl, I love shopping with her, she always tells me" just get it" I had a simple bought rattan roman, and simply added a fabric layer to match the new bottom panel I added to my living room drapes.
 
Top