Click on the photo for better detail I hope you can make this out, it is a bit tough to see I tried my best with editing but this is as good as it gets, I have succeeded at removing the ceiling texture well at least perfected the technique, that is a so hated by everyone on earth, it is not a fun job, obviously as you can see I have not made much progress, I first started by removing it dry with a scraper or mud knife, I thought it would be easier with a big one, well I was wrong, it is much easier to use a 3" wide knife/scraper, I spray it lightly with water, not soaking, don't want to disturb the paper underneath , and it comes off very nicely, I used a semi see through bowl to catch the majority if the stuff and very little falls else where but the area will need a vacuuming , I don't know how people live through reno's.
The curtains are at the cleaners well one panel anyway , I have been wanting to clean my kitchen drapes as they were a mess from my two dogs, and the mud and all,as well they are velvet and lined and I didn't want to ruin them so I called a cleaners yesterday to inquire about price , and I suppose he misheard me ask if they were $12.00 a panel to clean he heard $4.00 and hung up on me..... huh are you kidding me , I called him back and said "did you hang up on me?" , he said "uh no" , " I think you did , I was trying to find out pricing" I say , he abruptly says, " Just bring them in" , I think not buddy , can you believe that , I found a kind woman across town who charged twice as much , and cleans in house , I took the panel to her, we will see how they come out , there is some fading and possible pee staining on the one panel, I know yuck, if they come out well than they will stay , or perhaps I can do a treatment at the bottom to camouflage the yucky part at the hem :( I love those velvet drapes I must make them work. I am thinking if a series of bark brown ribbon rows sewn across the bottom.
 
Top