Its kind of funny the two rooms available to decorate are the powder room and the laundry room. 

 But my focus is definitely on painting and more painting . Painting cabinets , the stairs and brackets.
I am also trying to plug away at some trim carpentry like the detail trim valance of the kitchen uppers.
 I added edge trim to the laundry closet , next step more painting and door building.
 Some of the brackets that need so much careful painting. I have lots of cabinet doors in the basement that I am slowly working on. These brackets will be tricky to attach to the bottom of the kitchen uppers, I think I may have figured out just how to do it , fingers crossed.
 I just realized after reading another blog that I forgot to share the hardware I chose. I wanted to update the TV cabinet in the living room with with a little brass hardware. I found the library style pulls at Home Depot they are Martha Stewart , and $4.95 I believe , if I remember correctly. They are great quality and a great price. The little knobs are from Lowe's and were $2.65 , but no promises I remember exactly down to the pennies , OK?

I also decided to change out the chrome knobs on the drawers to these contemporary chrome pulls.
They need a little polish up now and again due to finger prints , but they sparkle. These were approx $5.95.

A little on the appliance front.
 Here is our lovely hood and chimney cover , sadly I don't  have 14' ceilings to accommodate this chimney cover. There was a picking problem at the warehouse and we got a chimney 2' taller than we need. They will be bringing us the correct sized chimney tomorrow.  I am so excited to see this installed, the issue is now that I must tile the wall behind the stove before Tuesday . I will be off to find the perfect subway tile a little later, add that to the list.
So that is what's going on around here a whole lot of little details. Oh and I am so excited to share that the appliance installer is coming on Tuesday and he says I will have my range hood installed and and my gas stove as well as my dishwasher . I have not had a dishwasher for 7 weeks , it's torture.
Here is my dishwasher as it sits, dishwasher/work surface.I am so excited to have a dishwasher again.

How kinda sorta funny is it that when I heard our dishwasher was back ordered to March 23rd I figured we would have the kitchen all done and ready for the dishwasher by then, I guess I under estimated just how long it takes for one person to take a builder kitchen to custom beautiful, we still don't know quite how long that takes. I did have help installing the floor , so its not all just me ....
Bye for now , have a great weekend.
 
Top