These flowers are still looking lovely, they were from last weeks photo shoot they look so pretty in my new blue jar, behind them is a jar of thistles in a jar that they left for me as well , Jessica saw how much I loved it , as well she left me a big bottle of liquid soap from France , which is just so kind.
Did I ever show you a close-up of my brackets holding up this beam , I sanded them lightly to expose the lovely rough texture I think it is so charming .

I felt badly that I hadn't produced any kind of home decor project this past week , with a house full of kids on summer break this doesn't leave me a whole lot of time to do "my" thing, but yesterday I started a new linen slipcover for my new modern lamp I picked up at Wal-mart , I did like the overall look but it was a cheap looking shade , and I love linen and I had linen here.


Here it is after I had sewn the seam with the rough cut edge, I then cut strips about and inch and a half wide long enough to make a nice binding for both top and bottom ,after ironing those and pining them onto the fabric while it is on the shade I sew it with the machine , two rows of stitching , then slip it on , voila.






Easy right!




I think it is a BIG improvement.


Happy weekend. Would you try this project , does it "seam" easy to you ?



I want to wish my husband's sister and her very soon to be husband the very best adventure in Mexico , they are going to get married there in a couple of days and we can't join them but we wish them the very best.
Have a safe trip ,
xoxo
Lot's of love and best wishes
 
Top