Uncharted Waters Online is a free to play MMORPG developed by KOEI based on the Rekoeition Uncharted Waters series of games. Set in the Age of Exploration players act as adventurers, soldiers, or traders, and engage in combat, exploration, and trade within the game.
The game may sound simple sail the world, trade in goods, or travel and adventure fighting pirates or seek hidden treasures, well actually not really, since most of the MMORPGs story lines are all quite the same meaning defeat the great evil and become a hero of the kingdom. Well Uncharted Waters Online takes a different approach yes there is a main story but the story depends on the nation you chose so not every player gets the same storyline. Other things that impress me are the way the game executes itself and the details it puts with the features.
LIVE THE AGE OF EXPLORATION
- No more hack & slash tedious gameplay.
- Be the first one to find uncovered ancient historic places and artifacts.
- You can become a Christopher Columbus, Vasco da Gama, or Pirate Drake
Yup! one of the main features I was looking for no more hack and slashing tedious gameplay AKA grinding while the game offers land based it isn't necessary the trade job class doesn't even have to fight the entire game if he choses to. I love the feature of exploration the entire world is your playground you get to find lost temples, not only locations but paintings, plants, animals even treasures new discoveries will increase your fame and is one way to make money in the game reporting your discovery's really gives you a sense of achievement.
HUNDREDS OF GAME OBJECTIVES
- More than 75 professions and more than 100 skills to master. It is not just becoming a strongest player in the server.
- You can also change one profession to another anytime.
- Get back to original gameplay of exploring new place, cooperating or fighting with other players.
- Work hard to become a Maestro of certain skill.
Think the game only has 3 job classes at the start your wrong it isn't that basic there are 75 professions each with a unique task so simply put this game probably has the most jobs I have ever seen in an MMORPG and lots of PVP being a pirate and looting fellow players both on land and sea is really fun. and if your not into that kind of stuff you can become a painter, carpenter, chef, chemist, doctor phew!... there are so many choices and sell your services or wares.
SAIL WITH HISTORICAL SHIPS
- Buy or build your ships such as Hansa cog, Baltic galleon, Spanish carrack, Turkish galley, and English frigate.
- Upgrade, enhance, modify, and decorate your ships with thousands of items.
- Over a hundred actual ships to choose from you can purchase them all from around the world
STRENGTHEN YOUR NATION TO CONQUER THE WORLD
- There are hundreds of neutral cities to conquer to take advantage in economy and politics.
- Investing lot of gold into the city is one way to increase you nations influence.
- Or just fight with current possessing nation to conquer back a city.
If exploring is not enough you can help your nation RULE THE WORLD! conquering enemy nations ports and capture their cities
OWN YOUR APARTMENT AND YOUR ISLAND (FARM)
- Buy an apartment in you city and decorate with furnitures and artworks that you like.
- Invite your friends and guild members to chat and play together.
- Find an unoccupied island and build your own farm to grow fruits and raise pigs.
One of the best concepts in the game having your own piece of property to call your own and raise farm animals. A great way to rest from all that adventuring.
SOPHISTICATED ECONOMY SYSTEM
- Economy system in Uncharted Waters Online is very similar to real life.
- Trading goods, investment, relationship with politics are involved.
- There is no fix profit. Economy will fluctuate time to time with supply and demand of of good.
- Tax and customs are applied to the game. Reduce tax by conquering cities.
- Hundreds of ways to earn money and thousands of silkroads and spice routes.
OTHER KEY FEATURES
A lot more features are ready in the game such as academic contest, poker game and more.